Dear Church Family,
On March 16th, 2020, the church leadership met to discuss our approach to the COVID-19 virus. We wanted to share several updates with you. Please know we prayed earnestly for wisdom, discernment and direction from God and sought insight from medical professionals as we navigated this response. We love you and are here for you.
Below is a brief overview of how Sturgeon Bay Community Church will be functioning effective immediately until further notice.
We are going to use this time to start something new here at Community Church! Starting this Thursday, March 19th at 10:00am we will have a virtual prayer meeting on Facebook Live to partner with our Prayer Without Ceasing Group who meets every Thursday. We invite you to join us and share your prayer requests with us on Facebook or email confidential prayers to email@example.com.
We will regularly be communicating with you all through Facebook, email, church app and Sunday morning announcements during our virtual service. If you are in need with an emergency, please contact Laura Bertz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-422-4498.
Sunday Morning Worship
Beginning this Sunday, March 22nd we will be moving to an online service. We will broadcast the sermon at 10am and would love for you to join us together as a church family. You can access this from our Facebook Page "SBCommunityChurch". For another safe way to worship on Sundays, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church will be planning a "Drive Up" church on Sunday Mornings. We will be sure to let you know when those plans are finalized.
We will continue this format until further notice..
If you are giving online, this change won’t affect you. If you don’t give online, you can:
- Visit www.mysbc.church and click on the “Giving” tab and begin your online giving.
- Go on the church app and click on the "Giving" tab and begin your online giving.
- Mail your check (not money) to the church office at 620 N 12th Ave, Sturgeon Bay WI 54235.
- Community Kids: Ms. Brittany will post the weekly lesson and “Taking Faith Home” experience on the Kidzone FB Page as well as email. She will also be posting some fun ideas to keep your family connected during social distancing throughout the week. If you haven’t already liked the Kidzone FB Page, be sure to like that in order to know when the new lesson and “Taking Faith Home” experience is posted.
- Community Students: Community Students will be suspended during this time as well. Pastor Matt will be posting a weekly devotional on Social Media as well as other touch points throughout the week.
- Groups: All groups that meet at the church will be suspended and groups that meet in homes are HIGHLY encouraged to suspend their meetings during this time.
- Next Steps: The Next Steps experience will also be suspended during this time.
- Counseling Ministry: We have two amazing counselors who want to be available to you during this time. If you are in need of counseling, please contact the Church Office (email@example.com or Laura Bertz at 920-422-4498).
The church office will be closed. In the case of an emergency, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Bertz at 920-422-4498.
The church building and annex will be closed until further notice.
As many of you know, we have a planned visit from CRG Conciliating Group for the weekend of April 4th. We will be postponing this event until further notice, because we feel it is important for us to proceed with this process without any road blocks.
The church will be deep cleaned and sanitized while it is not being used.
HELPS Fund and Food Pantry
We still want to be the Body of Christ during this very limiting time. We can have food delivered to your home from our food pantry. The HELPS fund is also available for emergencies. Contact email@example.com or Laura Bertz at 920-422-4498.
If you know of someone who is in need of groceries, care or would like to watch our service online on Sunday morning, but doesn't have access to technology, please be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Bertz at 920-422-4498.
Also, if you are interested in helping deliver groceries or running errands during this time, please contact Laura Bertz.
A Personal Note from Church Leadership
Please know that these decisions were not made in haste, but with professional insight, research and most importantly prayer. These decisions were not made out of fear or distrust of our Lord, but out of loving our neighbors (Mark 12:31), obeying what our government officials are asking of us (Romans 13:1-2) and what Paul reminds Timothy “God gave us a spirit not to fear but of power and love and sound judgment.” (2 Timothy 1:7).
We encourage you during this time to pray, meditate and take time to read the Word of God and please let us walk alongside you however we can while we go through this difficult time.
God Loves you and so do we.
Sturgeon Bay Community Church Leadership