Dear Church Family,
We are excited to announce that Sturgeon Bay Community Church will be reopening for in-person worship on Sunday, July 19th . We know that many of you have been eagerly anticipating this day and want to let you know what to expect as we reconvene. Thank you for your patience, prayer and understanding during this challenging time.
Our Action Team has spent considerable time, prayer, thought and effort in creating a sanitary environment for you, including deep cleaning of all surfaces, mounting hand sanitizer stations throughout the building and installation of an air purification system. Our goal is to do our best to minimize your risk as we gather together once more as a church.
In-person services will be held at 8:30 am and 10:30 am in the church sanctuary starting July 19th. Our service will include worship time (with congregational singing) and a message from Pastor Ken. Our sanctuary can seat up to 50 attendees. Should we exceed that capacity, viewing rooms will be set up in the KidZone classrooms downstairs and ushers will direct you to those areas.
We ask that you please observe the following guidelines so we can provide a safe and comfortable environment for all attendees.
If you are feeling sick or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please stay home and watch the service on Facebook Live (at 10:30 am), or Drive-In Church in our parking lot (at 10:30 am). Please note that Pastor Ken will be broadcasting from inside the church at 10:30, so you will be able to hear, but not see him.
Those who are 65 years or older, have chronic medical conditions, or have compromised immune systems are encouraged to stay home and watch the service on Facebook Live (at 10:30 am).
When you arrive at church, please observe the following guidelines:
- Come early to avoid a last-minute “traffic jam”; seating may take a little longer as we space ourselves out for safety
- Masks are required for all attendees age 3 and older; we will provide masks for those who need one
- Household members may sit together, but please allow six feet between your group and the next (at least 3 chair widths); ushers will be there to assist you
- Give each other grace & space -- practice social distancing while you are in the building, no hugs or handshakes and avoid congregating in hallways
- Bring your own coffee or water, as we cannot offer any beverages at this time
- Please make use of hand sanitizer as necessary
- Please leave the sanctuary in a timely manner so that we can prepare for the next service; you're welcome to visit with your friends outside
KidZone will continue to be offered on a virtual basis for now, so you are more than welcome to attend services as a family. Please have your children sit with you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Laura in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-746-9587. Also, we could use additional greeters and ushers as we navigate this new situation. Please let Laura know if you can help out.
Our leadership team will continue to evaluate these requirements and will update you as things change. Please continue to pray for wisdom, discernment and unity as we seek to balance our desire to gather together with the need to be safe and responsible.
Through our surveys, we have learned that there is a wide variety of opinion and concern about the re-opening of our church. We ask that you respect each other’s point of view and show grace to those with whom you may differ.
“I…urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:1-3
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Blessings and Peace,
Your Sturgeon Bay Community Church Elder Board